Toasted Parmesan and Garlic Oil Caesar Salad
- 2⁄3 cup Olivier Toasted Parmesan and Garlic
- 2 to 3 slices country bread, each 1⁄2 inch thick,
cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced (optional)
- 1⁄8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, washed, dried and
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk until smooth. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. The mixture should be creamy. Whisk in the lemon juice, anchovies, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Place the lettuce leaves and the croutons in a large bowl. Add just enough dressing to generously coat the leaves and toss until they are evenly coated. Divide the salad among 4 chilled salad plates and garnish with the chives. Pass any remaining dressing at the table. Serve immediately.