Packed with inspiring recipes and information, Williams-Sonoma Cheese is an indispensable guide to this favorite ingredient. The book features more than 100 recipes for every course, including traditional as well as innovative dishes using all types of cheeses. You’ll also find descriptions of the world’s most celebrated cheese varieties, tips on pairing with wine and beer, ideas for assembling the perfect cheese plate and more.
For a simple starter, try warm dates stuffed with shavings of Parmigiano-Reggiano and walnut halves. A warm butternut squash and spinach salad topped with Teleme cheese and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) is perfect for cool winter nights.
That old-fashioned favorite—mac and cheese—gets a grown-up twist with the addition of two types of cheddar plus salty, smoky bacon. And for a sweet ending to a meal, whip up a seasonal farmhouse dessert, such as fresh ricotta cheese topped with sweet blood oranges, crunchy pistachios and a drizzle of honey.
- Smashed Fingerlings with Fromage Blanc >
- Artichoke Hearts with Citrus Zest >
- Warm Dates with Parmesan and Walnuts >
- Crostini with Herbed Chèvre and Kumquats >
- Warm Squash Salad with Teleme and Pepitas >
- Macaroni with Farmhouse Cheddar and Bacon >
- Orzo with Feta, Basil and Shrimp >
- Herbed Pork Involtini with Pecorino >
- Ricotta with Blood Orange, Pistachio and Honey >