The Story of All-Clad
Many traditions were established when we opened the first Williams-Sonoma store in 1958. Among them was our reputation for offering the best-quality cookware available to the home cook. Williams-Sonoma has proudly featured All-Clad cookware, originally made for restaurants, for more than two decades.
When All-Clad introduced its cookware in 1973, the company created a revolution in professional kitchens, thanks to the peerless performance and rugged durability of these pots and pans. Each piece is formed from three metals, permanently bonded (clad) into a super-performing material. Patented by its metallurgist inventor and unique to All-Clad, this special bonding process accounts for the cookware's superb heat conduction.
From pot to lid to handle, All-Clad cookware is carefully crafted for top performance, enduring beauty and the cook's pleasure. The joy of cooking with it lies in the details: Each piece is fabricated from raw materials produced in the company's own rolling mill in Pennsylvania, then polished several times by machine, and finally hand polished by master metalworkers.
Bonded Three-Ply Construction
- Bonded between the exterior and interior metals is an extra-thick aluminum core throughout every piece—not only across the cooking surface but also extending to its full height. This ensures efficient heat conduction on the stovetop or in the oven, and affords total heat control for fast, even cooking.
- Because the aluminum core disperses heat uniformly, foods won't burn or scorch from hot spots.
Choice of Exterior Metals
- LTD: The dark hard-anodized aluminum surface won't scratch, chip or peel. Hand washing is recommended.
- Master Chef 2: The brushed aluminum-alloy exterior was originally manufactured for restaurant use. No polishing is required to maintain its attractive appearance. Hand washing is recommended.
- Stainless Steel: A lustrous stainless-steel exterior makes this cookware suitable for use on induction stovetops as well as conventional electric or gas ranges. Dishwasher safe.
Durable Cooking Surfaces
- On most pieces, the interior is gleaming, hand-polished 18/10 stainless steel, which resists sticking and won't react with acidic ingredients.
- Selected pieces are available with a nonstick interior, ideal for low-fat cooking and easy cleanup. Extremely durable, this superior surface is permanently bonded to the stainless steel.
Handles and Lids
- Cast stainless-steel handles are securely attached with stainless-steel rivets.
- The handles are proportioned with extra length to ensure perfect balance and ergonomically designed to provide a secure grip and to stay cool on the stovetop.
- The polished stainless-steel lids fit to the edge of the pan to seal in flavor. They are dishwasher safe.