A specialty of France, crepes are light, thin pancakes that are wrapped around sweet or savory fillings. As you'll discover with the recipes here, crepes take well to a host of fillings, from ham and cheese to apples with caramel sauce. And they're extremely versatile. Savory crepes are perfect for brunch, lunch or even a light supper, paired with a bowl of soup or a tossed green salad. Sweet crepes make a wonderful finale to a special meal.
Before cooking the crepes, it's important to let the batter rest for several hours in the refrigerator. As the batter chills, the flour expands and absorbs the liquid, which ensures the finished crepes will be exceptionally tender.
- Crepes with Lemon Zabaglione >
- Buckwheat Crepes with Salmon and Scrambled Eggs >
- Chocolate Crepes with Jam >
- Crepes with Sautéed Apples and Caramel Sauce >
- Ham and Gruyère Crepes >
- Souffléd Crepes >
- Crepes Suzette >
- Crepes with Berries and Ricotta >
- Basic Crepes >
- Buckwheat Crepes with Ham and Gruyère Cheese >
- Caramel Crepe Cake >
- Lemon Crepes with Strawberries, Jam and Mascarpone >
- Buckwheat Crepes with Corn and Roasted Poblano Chiles >
- Crepes Florentine >