You can never have too many recipes for hors d’oeuvres, especially during the holidays. To help you expand your repertoire, we offer a variety of enticing options, from the simple to the sublime, that are perfect for entertaining. You can serve several at a cocktail party or open house, or choose one as a first course for a sit-down dinner.
These hors d’oeuvres offer a pleasing contrast in flavors and textures. Mixed nuts seasoned with cumin, cayenne and other piquant spices are simple to prepare and will disappear quickly at any gathering. For a heartier appetizer, try our crostini layered with thin slices of peppered beef tenderloin and sweet caramelized onions. More fanciful selections include blini topped with a dollop of crème fraîche and a spoonful of caviar. Whatever recipes you prepare, your guests will pay you the ultimate compliment: they will keep coming back for more.
- Goat Cheese and Shallot Toasts >
- Blini with Caviar and Crème Fraîche >
- Indian-Spiced Mixed Nuts >
- Peppered Beef Tenderloin Crostini with Caramelized Onions >
- Cremini Mushrooms Stuffed with Spanish Ham >
- Oysters on the Half Shell with Apple-Horseradish Slaw >
- Cucumbers with Pickled Ginger and Crab >
- Endive with Gorgonzola, Pear and Walnuts >
- Beef Tartare >
- Chopped Chicken Liver Crostini >