Spring Vegetable Tagine
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 oz. cipolline onions, peeled, ends trimmed
- 12 oz. fingerling potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. tagine spices
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz. baby carrots, peeled, ends trimmed
- 8 oz. summer squash, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- 8 oz. zucchini, cut into 1⁄2-inch slices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. haricots verts, ends trimmed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Steamed couscous for serving
Add the potatoes, tagine spices and 1?2 cup of the stock. Cover the tagine with the lid and cook for 15 minutes. Add the carrots, cover and cook for 12 minutes.
Add the squash, zucchini and the remaining 1?4 cup stock, and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the haricots verts, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and parsley.
Serve the tagine warm with steamed couscous. Serves 6.