Smoked Trout in Endive Spears
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 green onions, including 1 inch of the
tender green portions, thinly sliced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups flaked smoked trout fillet
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- Lemon wedges for serving
Cut off the base from each endive and separate the heads into individual spears. Use only the larger endive spears; reserve the smaller ones for another use.
Spread 1 to 2 tsp. of the trout mixture onto the thicker end of each endive spear. Arrange on a platter and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.