Slow-Roasted Pork with Grilled Pineapple & Chipotle Sauce
- 1 boneless pork shoulder or butt roast, 2 1/2 to 3 lb.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bottle Frontera Grilled Pineapple & Chipotle
- 1 ripe pineapple, peeled, cored and cut
crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Vegetable or olive oil for grilling
- Corn or flour tortillas, warmed just before serving
Prepare a fire in a grill for indirect-heat cooking according to the manufacturer¿s instructions and bring the pork to room temperature.
Remove the pork from the marinade, transfer it to a disposable roasting pan and set on the grill. Cover the grill and roast the pork over indirect heat, basting occasionally with the pan juices and additional grilling sauce, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 180°F, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush the pineapple lightly with oil and grill over medium heat, turning occasionally, until lightly golden and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Carve the pork into thin slices. In a bowl, combine the pork with 3 to 4 Tbs. of the grilling sauce, toss to mix well and transfer to a platter. Cut the pineapple into large chunks and arrange alongside the pork. Serve immediately with the tortillas and remaining sauce alongside.