Seafood Cocktail in Spicy Red Sauce (Ceviche Rojo de Camaron y Sierra)
- 1/2 lb. lean white-fleshed fish fillet (see note), cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 lb. bay shrimp
- 1/2 cup minced white onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 Tbs. sauce from chiles chipotles en adobo Totopos
- 1 avocado, preferably Haas, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Stir in the shrimp, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover again and refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
Drain the fish mixture to remove the excess lime juice. Add the chopped cilantro, ketchup, and adobo sauce. Mix well.
Spoon into glass dishes. Accompany with the totopos and garnish with the avocado slices.