Roast Pork Loin in Ginger Marinade
- 3 green onions, including tender green tops,
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 3 inches long, peeled and
sliced across the grain
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. tomato sauce or tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Small pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 boneless pork loin, 2 1/2 lb., trimmed of all
Bring the pork to room temperature. Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350°F.
Transfer the pork to a rack in a roasting pan and reserve the marinade. Roast, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 140°F for medium, about 1 hour, or 150°F for medium-well, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Transfer the pork to a cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the pork thinly and arrange the slices on a warmed platter. Serve immediately.