Roast Beef & Balsamic Onion Panini with Chipotle Chips
- Canola oil for frying and brushing
- 1 Tbs. chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced with a mandoline into 3mm-thick
- 1 piece ciabatta bread, about 9 inches long, halved horizontally
- 5 Tbs. 'wichcraft balsamic onion marmalade
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
- 2 oz. white cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 oz. mild blue cheese, crumbled
Preheat an electric panini press to medium-high heat according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Brush the outside surface of the bread halves with oil. Lay the bread, oiled side down, on a work surface. Spread the onion marmalade on the bottom half of the bread and spread the mustard on the top half. Arrange the roast beef on the bottom half and top with the cheddar and blue cheeses. Cover with the top half of the bread.
Place the sandwich on the preheated panini press and close the lid. Cook until the bread is golden and the cheeses are melted, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer the sandwich to a cutting board and cut into 4 pieces. Serve immediately with the chipotle chips. Serves 4.