Peach and Bourbon-Basted Pork Chops
- 3 Tbs. yellow or brown mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup peach preserves or jam
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 loin pork chops, each 6 oz. and about
3/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
In a bowl, combine the mustard seeds and lemon juice. Let stand for 30 minutes. Add the peach preserves, mayonnaise, mustard, bourbon, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread about one-third of the glaze on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange the pork chops on top of the glaze. Using a basting brush, evenly spread the remaining glaze over the chops. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
Bake until just a hint of pink remains in the pork chops, about 35 minutes. Transfer to warmed individual plates and serve immediately.