Old-Fashioned Ginger Snap
A favorite flavor during the winter holidays, ginger makes a perfect accent for this cocktail. Use a large ice cube, which will melt more slowly and not dilute the drink.
- Ginger syrup as needed, plus 1/2 fl. oz. (15 ml)
- Citrus rimming sugar as needed
- 3 Luxardo maraschino cherries, plus more for garnish
- 4 dashes of DSB aromatic bitters
- 1 1/2 fl. oz. (45 ml) rye whiskey
- 1 large ice cube
Coat the rim of an old-fashioned glass with ginger syrup, then dip in rimming sugar.
Put the 1/2 fl. oz. ginger syrup in the bottom of the glass. Add the 3 maraschino cherries and bitters and muddle lightly. Pour in the whiskey and stir, then add the ice cube. Garnish with maraschino cherries on a toothpick and serve. Serves 1.
Recipe by Anna Kovel, Food Stylist.