- 1 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green portions
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 Tbs. molasses
- 3 Tbs. whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Spin the cabbages in a salad spinner to remove excess moisture. Transfer the cabbage to a large bowl. Add the green onions and carrots and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the molasses, mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Slowly add the vinegar and whisk vigorously to emulsify. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the coleslaw and toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours. Toss the coleslaw again just before serving. Serves 8 to 10.