Grilled Salmon Fillets with Mango-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped green onions, green portion only
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grilling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 salmon fillets, each 6 oz.
In a large nonreactive bowl, stir together the mango, cucumber, garlic, lime juice, cumin, green onions, bell pepper, cayenne pepper, cilantro, the 2 Tbs. olive oil, salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until ready to use.
Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
Season the salmon fillets with salt and black pepper and brush both sides with olive oil. Arrange the salmon, skin side down, on the grill and cook until the skin is crisp and lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Using tongs, carefully turn the salmon over and continue cooking until it is opaque throughout and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more, or until done to your liking.
Transfer the salmon to a warmed platter. Serve immediately and pass the salsa alongside. Serves 4.