- 2 Tbs. safflower oil
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 daikon, about 1/4 lb., peeled and julienned
- 1 Tbs. peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black or white pepper,
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Increase the heat to high and boil until the liquid evaporates and the sugar and the other ingredients have caramelized into a shiny glaze, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a warmed serving bowl. Garnish with the parsley and serve immediately.