Fusilli with Raw Zucchini, Mascarpone and Ricotta
- 2 small very fresh zucchini, trimmed and cut
into large chunks
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. fusilli
- 2 Tbs. coarse salt
Bring a large pot three-fourths full of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and the coarse salt, stir well and cook until the pasta is al dente (tender but firm to the bite), about 9 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Place all of the sauce in a warmed serving bowl and stir in the cooking water. Add the pasta and toss well to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.