Farfalle with Peas and Prosciutto
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen petite peas
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. dried farfalle
- 2 oz. prosciutto, minced
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta, stir well and cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite), about 12 minutes or according to the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, reheat the pea mixture gently over low heat. Stir in the prosciutto and parsley.
Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pot. Add the butter and toss until it melts. Add the pea mixture and toss again. Divide among warmed dishes. Top each portion with a little of the cheese. Pass the remaining cheese at the table.