Crab Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette (Extra-Fine French Grey Sea Salt)
Characterized by moist, delicate crystals, French grey sea salt is hand harvested from salt ponds off the French Atlantic coast. The salt lends its rich ocean flavor and subtle mineral and floral notes to this crab salad.
- 4 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. extra-fine French grey sea salt, plus more, to taste
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb. mixed salad greens
- 3/4 lb. fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shell fragments
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the 1/4 tsp. French grey sea salt and a pinch of white pepper. Stir in the tarragon. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly. Taste and adjust the seasonings with sea salt and white pepper.
Pour one-third of the vinaigrette into a liquid measuring cup. Add the greens to the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and toss to coat. Divide among salad plates.
In the same bowl, combine the crabmeat, mango, a pinch of sea salt and the reserved vinaigrette and toss to coat evenly. Mound the crabmeat mixture on the greens and serve immediately. Serves 4.
Adapted from a recipe by Williams-Sonoma.