Chicken Cacciatore with Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1 chicken, about 4 lb., cut into 10 serving pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 oz. white button mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1 jar (26 oz.) Williams-Sonoma Roasted Garlic
Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and pasta sauce and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to coat the chicken with the sauce. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a knife, about 40 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.