Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star II Honing Steel
- Special Offer
Maximize the performance of your fine cutlery with this German-crafted honing steel. Made of high-carbon, corrosion-resistant steel, it keeps your knives sharp by both smoothing and realigning the blade’s cutting edge.
- Maintains the edge of most standard knife blades (not for use on serrated or scalloped blades).
- Durable, corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel resists stains.
- Slightly textured polypropylene handle is extremely durable and ensures a solid grip while honing.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of the blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 1 out of 5 by GregTheScientificCook from 9" steel with a tiny handle I have an old Henckels steel that I've been using for a long time and like. I bought this model (on sale) for my daughter thinking that it would be similar. The steel is 9" long (a piece of information that should be in the product description and isn't). It's a bit short for longer knives but just OK for 8" knives (depending on your technique). The main problem I have is with the handle. It is considerably smaller than my old Henckels steel and is too small for me to hold comfortably. I have hands that are a bit above men's average size, I believe. My hand wraps around the small circumference too much and extends past the grippable part of the nether end of the handle. The steel does not feel very secure when I hold it. I'm surprised that this is the case since the four star knives represent one of Henckels better lines. I'm returning it, so I haven't tried honing a knife with it. I would only recommend this steel for someone who doesn't mind a shortish steel and has small hands.Date published: 2016-09-29