Zwilling J.A. Henckels Honing Steel
- Special Offer
A knife is most efficient—and safest—when maintained regularly through honing. This classic honing steel ensures your premium kitchen cutlery stays razor sharp by smoothing and realigning the blade’s edge for quicker cuts with less resistance.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most standard knife blades (not for use on serrated or scalloped blades).
- Durable, corrosion-resistant high-carbon steel resists stains.
- Soft polypropylene handle is impact resistant, hygienic and provides a comfortable, steady grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9”-long rod.
- 5”-long handle.
- 1 lb.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Receive a free gift with your qualifying purchase of Zwilling J.A. Henckels cutlery through 1/31/17. See Details
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.