Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional "S" Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Santoku means "three benefits" in Japanese, which only hints at this knife’s versatility. The multipurpose blade is great for mincing, slicing and dicing. Forged in Solingen, Germany, the knife is designed to meet the challenges of professionals as well home cooks and combines a classically contoured design with refined construction standards that ensure superior sharpness, strength and durability. The shallow depressions on each side of the blade minimize drag while you chop and slice.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Fridour ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is exceptionally durable, corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness and cutting ease.
- Full tang ensures good balance (a solid piece of steel extends from the tip of the knife to the end of the handle).
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple riveted to the blades.
- Crafted in the famous cutlery center of Solingen, Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" knife: 5" long blade.
- 7" knife: 7" long blade.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery