The name Cronidur is derived from the blade itself which is made from a single piece of Cronidur 30 steel. Used in the aerospace industry, this steel is designed to repel corrosion under the most extreme conditions and retain hardness without being brittle. This hollow-ground santoku knife chops, slices and minces meat, fish and veggies.
- Each knife is precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Fridour ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Wide blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Partnered with renowned Italian architect Matteo Thun to develop the design of the knife.
- A curved and recessed bolster provides a seamless transition from handle to blade and supports the thumb for better balance and safety.
- The ergonomic handle is made of full-linen Micarta—a composite with the grained look of wood and the longevity of plastic.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.