Wüsthof Ikon Damascus Chef's Knife In Collector's Box
- Online Only
The cutlery artisans at Wüsthof have forged a masterpiece with this chef’s knife, which combines the ancient art of Damascus steel making with top performance for the modern kitchen. This true Damascus blade is hand crafted through a labor-intensive process where hundreds of layers of steel are forged and folded together, producing an extremely strong blade distinguished by its beautiful wavy, water-like pattern. Each knife displays a unique blade pattern, which is complemented by a thuya wood handle. An heirloom piece for cooks and collectors, this exclusive chef’s knife comes in a wooden presentation case.
- Authentic Damascus steel blade is exceptionally sharp and strong and holds a fine, sharp edge.
- Hot forged using the Damascus pattern-welding technique in which 360 layers of carbon steel are folded together to form a single piece of steel for blade, double bolster and tang.
- Handle is thuya wood, from a species of tree grown only in Morocco and prized for its burled grain pattern.
- Triple-riveted handle is contoured for comfort.
- Recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Entirely handcrafted by cutlery masters at Wüsthof, the German company that has been making premium knives since 1814.
- A care kit includes oil for the handle and a whetstone for blade sharpening.
- Includes a black presentation case.
- 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- A Willliams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash only.
- Sharpen knife at home using the whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional
- Oil handle with mineral oil to maintain its luster.
Next Day Delivery