Wüsthof Ikon Damascus Chef's Knife In Collector's Box
- Online Only
The cutlery artisans at Wüsthof have forged a masterpiece with this chef’s knife, which combines the ancient art of Damascus steel making with top performance for the modern kitchen. This true Damascus blade is hand crafted through a labor-intensive process where hundreds of layers of steel are forged and folded together, producing an extremely strong blade distinguished by its beautiful wavy, water-like pattern. Each knife displays a unique blade pattern, which is complemented by a thuya wood handle. An heirloom piece for cooks and collectors, this exclusive chef’s knife comes in a wooden presentation case.
- Authentic Damascus steel blade is exceptionally sharp and strong and holds a fine, sharp edge.
- Hot forged using the Damascus pattern-welding technique in which 360 layers of carbon steel are folded together to form a single piece of steel for blade, double bolster and tang.
- Handle is thuya wood, from a species of tree grown only in Morocco and prized for its burled grain pattern.
- Triple-riveted handle is contoured for comfort.
- Recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Entirely handcrafted by cutlery masters at Wüsthof, the German company that has been making premium knives since 1814.
- A care kit includes oil for the handle and a whetstone for blade sharpening.
- Includes a black presentation case.
- 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- A Willliams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash only.
- Sharpen knife at home using the whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional
- Oil handle with mineral oil to maintain its luster.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.