Crafted in Germany, this Japanese-style knife can perform as both a chef's knife and a cleaver. Its high-carbon-steel blade has oval indentations that prevent foods from sticking while mincing and slicing. A care kit for the polished African blackwood handle is included.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-ground depressions to minimize sticking.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.