Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 7" Hollow-Ground Santoku with Care Kit
- Special Offer
- Online Only
Crafted in Germany, this Japanese-style knife can perform as both a chef's knife and a cleaver. Its high-carbon-steel blade has oval indentations that prevent foods from sticking while mincing and slicing. A care kit for the polished African blackwood handle is included.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-ground depressions to minimize sticking.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 6.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.