Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 3 1/2" Paring Knife with Care Kit
The paring knife is a tool you'll use daily for mincing garlic, trimming meats and prepping fresh fruits. The blade of this German-made version is triple riveted to an attractive African blackwood handle. A care kit for the handle is included.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Compact spear-point blade is designed for peeling, slicing, trimming and dicing small fruits and vegetables.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2"-long blade.
- 4"-long handle.
- 12 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MattR from Good looking, good durability and good size I really like the look of the Ikon Blackwood knives and the wood handle (and blade) holds up well. I have had one set for over four years with no noticeable wear and tear besides the occasional need to sharpen. Also, this knife is the perfect size for making small cuts, slices, etc. where my chef's knife is just too big.Date published: 2015-05-26Rated 5 out of 5 by EyinGoods from One of the Best Knives I love the products by Wusthof. However, I didn't know that this paring knife was suitable for cutting the densest vegetable such as a rutabaga. It works wonder no other knife can perform like it when executing that particular task, not even my Wusthof chef knife. I intend to buy one for my aunt since she has the toughest time cutting her veggies.Date published: 2013-07-07