Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 10" Honing Steel with Care Kit
- Special Offer
- Online Only
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. This durable German-made version is crafted of high-carbon steel that is triple riveted to a finely grained, moisture-resistant African blackwood handle. A care kit for the handle is included.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated blades.
- Precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5"-long handle.
- 9.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
- Rub mineral oil on the wood handle as needed, to prevent it from drying out.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.