Wüsthof Grand Prix II 7" Santoku Knife & Asian Edge Knife Sharpener
Combining the duties of both a chef's knife and a cleaver, this santoku is deftly proportioned for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing. To keep your knife in razor-sharp condition, it comes with a Wusthof sharpener that is specially designed for use on Asian blades.
- Set includes Wusthof Grand Prix II santoku knife with Wusthof Asian Edge knife sharpener.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer..
- Wide blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Tang extends deep into the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Heavy bolster provides perfect balance.
- Pebbled polypropylene handle is contoured for a secure grip.Sharpener is designed for the special angle of Asian knife blades and offers two-stage manual sharpening: a coarse ceramic slot to set a sharp edge, and a fine ceramic slot to hone the edge. Easy-grip handle and nonslip rubber feet ensure steadiness.
- Knife: 7" long blade; 4 1/2" long handle; 4 oz.
- Sharpener: 8" x 1 3/4"; 3 1/3" high; 9 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- Slide the blade through the coarse ceramic slot to set a sharp edge; pass the blade through the fine ceramic slot to hone the edge.
- Wipe clean with a damp washcloth.
Next Day Delivery