Wüsthof Grand Prix II Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Combining German craftsmanship and traditional Japanese styling, this santoku is deftly proportioned for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing. The high-carbon-steel blade has shallow oval-shaped depressions that keep foods from adhering to it.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Wide blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Tang extends deep into the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Heavy bolster provides perfect balance.
- Pebbled polypropylene handle is contoured for a secure grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 7" santoku: 7"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.