Wüsthof Grand Prix II Hollow-Ground Chef's Knife
This high-performance German chef’s knife is ideal not only for chopping and other general prep work but also for cubing and slicing meats, poultry or fish.
- Oval depressions on the blade create air pockets that eliminate drag.
- Precision forged from a single piece of high-carbon steel that resists staining and corrosion and is easily sharpened.
- Each blade is hand honed and laser tested to verify the proper cutting angle.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Comfortable, slip-resistant, pebble-grained handles are permanently bonded to a concealed tang.
- Family owned and operated, Wüsthof has been producing knives in Solingen, Germany, since 1814.
- 8"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 9 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.