Wüsthof Grand Prix II Chef’s Knife
A high-performance chef's knife like this one is a necessity for chopping vegetables and mincing fresh herbs. Forged in Germany from a specially formulated alloy, the blade is balanced with a heavy bolster and a tang that extends far into the handle.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Tang extends deep into the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Heavy bolster provides perfect balance.
- Pebbled polypropylene handle is contoured for a secure grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 8" knife: 8"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by corpkid from GET THIS KNIFE! This is my first "really nice" knife. And guess what - I'm hooked. This thing is simply amazing (and a little scary if you don't have good knife skills). My husband won't even use it (the one time he did he said it was shocking how easily it chopped up his pineapple). I, on the other hand hone this thing daily and let me tell you what - my knife skills get better every day. Perfect all around chef's knife. I can't speak highly enough of this thing. Make sure you also buy a sharpening steel and learn how to use it. There's videos all over the internet on how to properly sharpen a knife. A+Date published: 2013-04-27Rated 5 out of 5 by Dot13 from I Love Love Love it Love this knife! I bought it to replace the terrible chef's knife that came in my school knife kit. This one is a million times better!Date published: 2012-05-01