Wüsthof Gourmet Vegetable Knife
In its seventh generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- Designed specifically to slice, chop and trim fresh produce, this vegetable knife features a perforated blade that reduces sticking when you’re cutting potatoes and other firm vegetables.
- Holes in blade reduce friction when cutting, and a lengthwise ridge helps push cut ingredients off the blade.
- Stamped blade is made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handle provides a secure, comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8”-long blade.
- 4 1/2”-long handle.
- 4.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ShaP from My go to knife I use this knife every time I cook. The size is perfect and the veggies don't stick to the blade like regular chef knives.Date published: 2016-10-13Rated 5 out of 5 by CLSM from I use this knife every day I use this knife all the time. How did I ever work without it?Date published: 2016-06-27Rated 5 out of 5 by FlSunshine from So good my husband said "Order one more!" I was a little skeptical about a knife with holes and a ridge along the blade. Then WS offered one at a good price, so I ordered it, thinking we could return it if it was not satisfactory. I was sold after the first use. Sliced vegetables did not stack up on the blade, and were cut easily. My husband, who is a knife aficionado, said nothing for a while, then after a month of use, said "Order another one of those Wusthof knives with holes in it!" And so I did.Date published: 2015-10-13Rated 4 out of 5 by mthrift from NICE ADDITION This knife is easy & efficient to use. Nothing sticks to it to "impede progress", when cutting vegetables of any size. This is a very nice addition to my efficient kitchen tool collection. I am really happy with the performance of this knife!Date published: 2015-02-16Rated 2 out of 5 by caroli from Knife is for right handed people I bought this knife because of its features but discovered that being left handed I could not use the features. I used it twice & loved the way it cut vegetables so easily but am disappointed that the hand you use to cut with was not not mentioned in the description. It should have read for right handed people only. The ridge should have been on both sidesDate published: 2015-02-10