Wüsthof Gourmet 7-Piece Traveler Knife Set
Made by Wusthof of Germany, this handy set ensures that you'll always have the most essential cutlery tools with you. Packed in a zippered case, it's ready to take the along for camping trips, weekend getaways, picnics or tailgate parties. Or use it as part of your outdoor grill and bar setup during summer. The Gourmet knives features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- Travel-ready nylon case includes three essential knives, a waiter’s corkscrew, kitchen shears and a portable knife sharpener.
- Stamped blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handles provide a secure, comfortable grip.
- Mini knife sharpener offers carbide and ceramic notches for two-stage sharpening.
7-piece set includes:
- 3 " spear-point paring knife
- 5" serrated utility knife
- 6" chef's knife
- Waiter's corkscrew
- Pull-apart kitchen shears
- Picnic knife sharpener
- Travel case
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3" paring knife: 3"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 1 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 2.25 oz.
- 5" serrated utility knife: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- Waiter's corkscrew: 4 1/2" long.
- Kitchen shears: 4" long; 4 oz.
- Picnic knife sharpener: 2" x 2 1/2"; 1 oz.
- Travel case: 12 1/2" x 6 1/4" x 1 1/4".
- Knives made in Germany.
- Corkscrew, shears, sharpener and case made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Knives, corkscrew and shears should be hand-washed with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpener and travel case should be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- Maintain the knives' cutting edges by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, the knives should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have them sharpened by a professional.
- Store knives in case to protect edges and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AustinSable from Great for Traveling Chef We purchased this as a gift for gourmet chef to be able to have when he travels and he is very pleased with it.Date published: 2017-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by campmom from Had to have I saw this set on William Sonoma a few years back and thought that would be great to take with me on my camping trips with the kids. After a couple years of taking cheap disposable knives I started borrowing a few knives from the kitchen which was great. However, there was always something I forgot to pack. Then having to dig out them out once I got home. I knew I just had to have this set. I actually didn't expect them to be as nice as they are. They are not as heavy weight as my at home set, but for camping this set is just what I needed.Date published: 2016-11-03Rated 5 out of 5 by HarryTheBackpacker from Backpackers in the Wilderness This will be the third travel kit purchased. First two were gifts and the recipients were pleased to have them. Wusthof quality at fraction of the price and a travel case to keep the edges protected. I will buy another if they continue to offer this kit.Date published: 2016-05-04Rated 2 out of 5 by Dgames from FLIMSY.... I have not use the set because it will be a gift, but my initial thought was not good. I expected a slightly lighter version but this was way below what I expected from Wusthof.Date published: 2015-12-02