Wüsthof Gourmet 7-Piece Knife Block Set
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- A great set for newlyweds or those with smaller kitchens, this set includes four of the most used kitchen knives plus shears, a steel and a 9-slot block.
- The stamped blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handles provide a secure, comfortable grip.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 9 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- Made in Germany.
7-piece set includes:
- 3” paring knife.
- 4 1/2" utility knife.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 6” chef’s knife.
- Honing steel.
- Kitchen shears.
- 9-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3” paring knife: 3”-long blade; 4”-long handle; 1 oz.
- 4 1/2" utility knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 1.75 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 2 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 2.25 oz.
- Honing steel: 9”-long; 4 1/2”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- Kitchen shears: 8”-long.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TauntingElf from Starter Knives, Upgrade Over Time As other reviewers have noted, these are a little flimsy compared to serious knives. This was a gift and I have used these knives occasionally. These are great for a couple with little to no knife skills and/or no restaurant level cooking experience. To be fair, the bread knife is a great bread knife, but that isn't hard to accomplish. Again, not for pros, but definitely good for a young couple just starting out.Date published: 2015-01-31Rated 2 out of 5 by tmi0604 from Get dull very fast & not as sturdy as Classic My brother bought a Classic knife for me for Christmas one year, so I figured I would give this set a try since it was Wusthof. I have had this set over a year now, and I am disappointed that I didn't spend the extra money to get the Classic. The Classics are much more sturdy and hardly need sharpening. These are too light and, since I use them everyday, (straight blades) need sharpening all the time. They also are prone to light staining...you have to be vigilant about washing them right away. I should have returned them long ago as Williams-Sonoma has a great return policy even if they are used within a certain timeframe.Date published: 2014-09-19Rated 1 out of 5 by Insuranceguru from Wish I could give these a zero-star rating! Let me start by saying that I sold top-line cutlery from Solingen Germany, along with waterless cookware, back in my early 20's, so I know quality knives. These aren't it! I tried to find the difference on the WS website between the Classic and the Gourmet line but really couldn't discern any difference other than the price. I have purchased some of the Classic knives previously for a gift and they are top-notch! I'm VERY disappointed that Solingen would make such poor quality as this line of knives. When I first opened the package, I noted that the steel was extremely thin (the blade should be thicker on the top edge) and there was NO edge-guard! Quite frankly, I would be afraid to use these knives for their intended use. I might add that I cook on a gourmet level so quality knives are well worth the investment to me. These are going back and I will be reordering the Classic set.Date published: 2014-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Audge from The best knives I bought it as a wedding gift because I have a set for many years and know they are good quality.Date published: 2013-11-19Rated 5 out of 5 by TheCookingVet from Best Knives Ever These knives are extremely sharp and cut with ease. They will be the only brand I buy from now on.Date published: 2013-10-25Rated 5 out of 5 by jmiller1948 from Quality Set of Knives Excellent set of top quality knives. The block is a great way to store them and protect them from damage and dulling.Date published: 2013-06-17