Wüsthof Classic Ikon Super Slicer
Use this extra-long "super slicer" for slicing through meats and fresh-baked breads, cakes and pastries with expert speed. It’s forged in Germany of high-carbon steel with a scalloped edge, rather than typical pointed serrations, which allows for clean, smooth cuts with no tearing.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Extra-long blade has a scalloped edge for slicing through foods without tearing or compressing them.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long blade.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- 9.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by johnanna from makes a wonderful bread knife This makes a super bread knife. I'll likely use it for this purpose only; I have a traditional 10" carving knife for meat. It comes out of the box super sharp and immediately ready to use. My only concern: How do I hone/sharpen the "wavy" serration? I would like Wusthof to provide guidance on how to maintain this type of blade. Being that the serrations are a non-traditional shape, I am skeptical any of their available honing / sharpening tools can access all of the blade's cutting edge.Date published: 2013-03-25