Wüsthof Classic Ikon 7" Santoku Knife & Asian Edge Knife Sharpener
Ideal for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing, this santoku combines classic German craftsmanship and traditional Japanese styling. Oval-shaped hollows on the blade allow the knife to glide through foods without sticking. To keep your knife in top condition, we’ve included a Wüsthof sharpener, specially designed for use on Asian-style blades.
- Set includes Wüsthof Classic Ikon santoku knife with free Wüsthof Asian Edge knife sharpener.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sharpener is designed for the special angle of Asian knife blades and offers two-stage manual sharpening: a coarse ceramic slot to set a sharp edge, along with a fine ceramic slot to hone the edge. Easy-grip handle and nonslip rubber feet ensure stability.
- Knife: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.5 oz.; made in Germany.
- Sharpener: 8" x 1 3/4"; 3 1/3" high; 9 oz.; made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Slide the blade through the coarse ceramic slot to set a sharp edge; pass the blade through the fine ceramic slot to hone the edge.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery