Wüsthof Classic Ikon Paring Knives
You’ll use this knife every day for the precise work of trimming, peeling and slicing fresh produce. Now featuring a more acute edge angle, the high-carbon steel blade cuts with razor sharpness, is easy to maintain and holds its edge for longer.
- Compact spear-point blade is ideal for peeling, slicing, trimming and dicing small fruits and vegetables.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 4 1/2" knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by mthrift from AN AWESOME KNIFE I love this knife. I love the balanced weight & the beautiful design, practical & beautiful. It is so comfortable to use. Balanced. Well designed. So sharp. Useful! I sent one to my daughter for her Birthday, she loved it so much, she teared up! Great, lovely, useful. versatile knife for any cook! Might make you a "much improved" cook!Date published: 2015-02-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Blarney from Very VERY Sharp This knife is awesome. I can cut fresh vegetables very thin which is my preference. I had to adjust to the sharpness. Definitely a go to in my kitchen.Date published: 2014-09-27Rated 5 out of 5 by WyoWindblown from Just about perfect paring knife The three knives that get the most use in our kitchen are the chef's knife, bread knife and the 3.5-inch paring knife. Although we have the 4.5-inch version too, the smaller knife is more versatile. Having replaced one of the entry-level parers from Wusthof with this knife, the difference in quality is huge. This little knife takes and keeps an edge beautifully, is very maneuverable and has a reassuring heft in the hand.Date published: 2014-08-25Rated 5 out of 5 by DaveintheKit from A new favorite Have begun to replace some very old kitchen knives and this Wusthof Ikon paring knife is just great. Highly recommended.Date published: 2013-04-08Rated 4 out of 5 by TheFifthAce from Could you doubt a Wusthof Ikon? I work in a downtown Seattle kitchen, where beautiful food starts with precision cuts. This blade starts to taper in thickness about an inch back from the tip. I've found, I hold this knife more like a pencil to get almost surgical with it. The only con I've noticed is while cleaning the blade. The Wusthof name and info are raised. It feels like bits of dried onion membrane stuck to it. Regardless, I do recommend this knife to anyone who takes cooking seriously.Date published: 2012-09-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Gave as wedding gift Feedback from wedding couple: They use the knife every day and love it!Date published: 2012-08-03