Wüsthof Classic Honing Steel
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. This durable German-made version is crafted of high-carbon-steel and restores a knife's sharp edge by trueing it – that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge to help it stay sharper longer.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Sturdy high-carbon steel resists stains and corrosion.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5"-long handle.
- 9.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase