Wüsthof Classic East Meets West 2-Piece Knife Starter Set
Our Wüsthof Classic set gives you two versatile knives that represent the best in Eastern and Western cutlery traditions. Shaped like a slender cleaver, the Nakiri is based on a traditional Japanese design for prepping fresh produce. It’s paired with a Hollow-Ground 6" Chef’s Knife, an all-purpose favorite in Western kitchens.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Nakiri knife features a slim, 7"-long cleaver-shaped blade designed to chop, mince and slice verything from summer tomatoes to winter squashes; the blade is also handy for scooping foods into a soup pot or bowl.
- 6" Hollow-Ground Chef’s knife is useful for chopping vegetables as well as cubing and slicing meats, poultry and fish. Oval depressions on either side of blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knife:
- 6"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.5 oz.
- 7"-long blade.
- 6"-long handle.
- 7.6 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.