Wüsthof Classic East Meets West 2-Piece Knife Starter Set
Our Wüsthof Classic set gives you two versatile knives that represent the best in Eastern and Western cutlery traditions. Shaped like a slender cleaver, the Nakiri is based on a traditional Japanese design for prepping fresh produce. It’s paired with a Hollow-Ground 6" Chef’s Knife, an all-purpose favorite in Western kitchens.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Nakiri knife features a slim, 7"-long cleaver-shaped blade designed to chop, mince and slice verything from summer tomatoes to winter squashes; the blade is also handy for scooping foods into a soup pot or bowl.
- 6" Hollow-Ground Chef’s knife is useful for chopping vegetables as well as cubing and slicing meats, poultry and fish. Oval depressions on either side of blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
Hollow-Ground Chef’s Knife:
- 6"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.5 oz.
- 7"-long blade.
- 6"-long handle.
- 7.6 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.