Wüsthof Classic Chef’s Knife
The most indispensable of knives, a chef's knife is essential for preparing any meal, no matter how simple. Made in Germany with a full-tang blade for balance, this knife is a favorite when it comes to chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" chef's knife: 5” blade, 4”-long handle, 4.25 oz.
- 6" chef's knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 10" chef's knife: 10"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 9.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Captain Joe from Any Chef Would Be Thrilled With This Knife! Wow! This is the knife I've always wanted. It has it all, balance, sharpness, perfect weight, and on and on. I know a little about metallurgy and you need a very special alloy to get and hold an edge like the Wusthof knives. You WILL NOT be disappointed with this knife.Date published: 2017-03-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Apriloom from Sharpest Knife I've Ever Owned! Cut through tomatoes without mushing them. Good weight and size.Date published: 2017-02-02Rated 4 out of 5 by GeorgeFan from Knife is great, don't bother with the monogramming I'm sure this knife will work great, for all the reasons mentioned in the other reviews. However, The WS monogramming is a mistake: This is nothing more than an ink stamp on the backside of the knife: It definitely cheapens the look of a $100+ knife. Not sure why I thought this would be an engraved initial, but it's not. I'm a little embarrassed to give this as a gift, but don't have a choice at this point (and there are no returns on monogrammed items).Date published: 2016-12-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Riverrat13s from Wusthof Classic Chef's Knife I love this knife! It is super sharp, would hand wash right away and dry, too expensive to complain about rusting because you hadn't taken care of it right. Skinned and removed fat from chicken like a hot knife thru butter!Date published: 2016-11-12Rated 5 out of 5 by mrsvoth from My husband's favorite knife I bought this knife for my husband and he loves it! Not too small or large, and cuts well.Date published: 2016-10-20Rated 5 out of 5 by xcrmov from The best chef's knife of all time! Of all the chef's knives I own ($4000 worth) Wusthof is my favorite. The feel of the knife, the balance, whether it be the 8 or 10 inch, is superb. The handle shape is finely tuned for comfort, whether or hands are small or large, it just works. The steel is capable of holding a very fine edge, it sharpens easily and can be maintained for months with just a honing steel. You can use and abuse this knife and it will endure. This is the winning formula, the classic chef's knife.Date published: 2016-08-26Rated 5 out of 5 by laurig55 from These knives are the best! My husband bought me the 20 pc w/ block for Christmas and I love them. I have been in the Food and Beverage Industry for 30+ years and these are definitely the best knives I have ever had the pleasure of using. I love these knives. The balance and weight, along with the craftsmenship and sharpeness just feels perfect in my hand when I am using them. I have small hands, but they fit my husband's larger hands perfectly too. I am in the act of buying more right now.Date published: 2016-02-14Rated 5 out of 5 by donaldclyde from fantastic set of knives I lover my new knives i would recommend them to anyone.Date published: 2016-02-14