Wüsthof Classic 6" Chef's Knife with Sharpener
This set includes two of the most essential tools for the kitchen. Forged in Germany, the, the 6" chef's knife is indispensable for chopping, mincing and slicing. And to keep all your straight-edge knives in prime condition, we’ve included a two-stage handheld sharpener.
- Set includes 6" Wusthof Classic chef knife with sharpener designed for all straight-edged knives as well as scissors.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the polymer handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Sharpener offers two stages of coarseness for all straight knives as well as scissors: a carbide section for setting a sharp edge on dull blades and a ceramic section to finely hone and finish the edge (also useful for quick touch-ups). Easy-grip handles and flat base ensure steadiness.
- Chef’s knife: 6"-long blade, 5"-long handle, 5.8 oz.; made in Germany.
- Handheld sharpener: 8" x 1 1/2" x 3" high; made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash knife with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using the fine slot to hone.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.