Willie Bird Fresh Free-Range Organic Turkey
The showpiece of many a seasonal celebration, these turkeys have earned nationwide renown for their juicy, flavorful meat. They're shipped to you directly from the famous Willie Bird Ranch in Sonoma County, California. The free-range turkeys are raised on organic grains and are certified to be free of artificial pesticides and chemicals.
- Certified organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Available in six weight ranges.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled and will keep for 7 days refrigerated.
- Product of USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves 7–9)
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves 9–11)
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves approx. 11–13)
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves approx. 13–14)
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves approx. 16–18)
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves 19–21)
- Giblets are included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 10 to 12 lb. 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- 12 to 14 lb. 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14 to 16 lb. 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16 to 18 lb. 3 1/4 to 4 hours
- 20 to 22 lb. 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb. 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings.To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- 100% Fresh turkey (organic).
Pre-order yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery.
- For Thanksgiving delivery order by 11:59pm (PT) Friday, November 21, 2014. Will ship on Monday, November 24 to arrive by Wednesday, November 26.
- For Christmas delivery order by 11:59pm (PT) Friday, December 19, 2014. Will ship on Monday, December 22 to arrive by Wednesday, December 24.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
You May Also Like
Wüsthof Classic Carving Set
Personalize this item