Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Chef's Knife
One of the most important rules for everyday food prep: use the right knife for the job. Among the most versatile tools in any kitchen, our durable chef's knife is one you’ll use daily for chopping, slicing, dicing and mincing. The ergonomic handle and long, wide blade give you great control, so prep is quicker and more efficient.
- Part of our Open Kitchen collection, designed and developed by Williams-Sonoma, and exclusively ours.
- Razor-sharp blade is hot-drop forged from a solid piece of high-carbon Molybdenum Vanadium steel, chosen for its combination of strength, hardness and resistance to stains and corrosion.
- To ensure precision cutting, each blade is taper ground and hand honed by expert craftsmen.
- We’ve designed the blade to maintain a keen edge that’s easily re-sharpened.
- Blade has a partial tang embedded deep into handle for added strength and balance.
- Ergonomic handle molded from a state-of-the-art synthetic rests comfortably and securely in your hand for safe, efficient cutting without fatigue.
- Made in Solingen, Germany, by a company famous for fine cutlery for over 170 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" chef's knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5 1/4"-long handle; 7.75 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.