Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Bread Knife
One of the most important rules for everyday food prep: use the right knife for the job. Professional bakers use specialized knives like this for slicing bread, rolls and cake. Its serrated blade cuts easily through crisp crusts of bread and rolls—without compressing the soft, delicate interiors. We also love this durable knife for everything from carving roasts and cutting large vegetables to slicing citrus fruit and ripe tomatoes.
- Part of our Open Kitchen collection, designed and developed by Williams-Sonoma, and exclusively ours.
- Razor-sharp blade is hot-drop forged from a solid piece of high-carbon Molybdenum Vanadium steel, chosen for its combination of strength, hardness and resistance to stains and corrosion.
- To ensure precision cutting, each blade is taper ground and hand honed by expert craftsmen.
- We’ve designed the blade to maintain a keen edge that’s easily re-sharpened.
- Blade has a partial tang embedded deep into handle for added strength and balance.
- Ergonomic handle molded from a state-of-the-art synthetic rests comfortably and securely in your hand for safe, efficient cutting without fatigue.
- Made in Solingen, Germany, by a company famous for fine cutlery for over 170 years.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for serrated blades, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.