Williams Sonoma End-Grain Cutting Board, Birch
We developed our signature line of wooden cutting boards to be both beautiful and functional. Designed to protect the sharpest blades, the boards also provide stability during use and look handsome enough to keep out on the counter. These end-grain boards feature traditional butcher-block construction, with the wood pieces oriented vertically to maximize scratch resistance and minimize impact on cutting edges.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested yellow birch or walnut, sourced locally in the United States.
- End-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability and won't dull knife blades.
- Hand grips are carved into sides for easy lifting.
- Doubles as a rustic serving piece for breads, cheeses and appetizers.
- Designed and made exclusively for Williams Sonoma in the USA.
- Finish with food-safe mineral oil.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Small: 14 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Medium: 18" x 13" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Large: 22" x 16" x 1 1/2" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, apply the oil in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by minneapolisguy from Perfect Cutting Board This is an awesome cutting board. It has become my favorite of ll the ones I own. The grain of the Birch wood is so rich and beautiful and even more so after you season it for the first time. I love it's nice solid weight. I am planning on keeping this out and using it daily.Date published: 2015-12-09