Enchiladas have their origins in Mexico’s Mayan culture. The modern version is a hearty, vibrantly flavored casserole of rolled tortillas stuffed with chicken, beef or shrimp and cheese, baked in a sauce of fire-roasted tomatillos or tomatoes with mild chili peppers, onions and spices. Our all-natural Green and Red Enchilada Starters are as close to the real thing as you can get.
- Tangy, spicy slow-cooked blends of traditional ingredients for making Mexican-style green or red enchiladas.
- Green Enchilada Starter: Combines tart and spicy slow-roasted tomatillos, poblano and serrano peppers and lime juice with a savory mixture of fresh garlic, onion, cilantro. Heavy cream adds a smooth, velvety consistency.
- Red Enchilada Starter: Slow-simmered with traditional ingredients – roasted tomatoes, mild New Mexico and ancho chili peppers. The smoky flavors are balanced with a savory blend of fresh garlic, onion and spices.
- Just mix together with shredded cooked chicken or pork, chopped onions and cheese; roll in tortillas and bake to create this popular Mexican casserole.
- 1 lb. 9 oz.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.